Rugby's first interactive app launched for RBS 6 Nations
England rugby fans are being encouraged to participate in this year's 6 Nations Tournament with the launch of an interactive app called the RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge, which will be available for Saturday's opening game against Scotland.
RBS: rolls out Six Nations Live Challenge app
Conceived by Synergy, Engine's sponsorship agency, and delivered by sibling agency Jam, the app promises to "revolutionise and enhance the live match experience".
Throughout the match, the app challenges fans to predict the result of penalties, conversions, five-metre scrums and line-outs, take part in opinion polls, and answer RBS 6 Nations rugby quiz questions.
It hopes to capitalise on the rise of dual screening and to further enhance the viewing experience of all rugby fans watching the RBS 6 Nations on TV.
The app also leverages the capabilities of Facebook Connect to enable friends and fans to interact with one another during the game, regardless of location.
Tim Crow, chief executive of Synergy, said: "Integrating social engagement with scale and credibility is fundamental to the success of sponsorship in the social media era and this is exactly what the RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge aims to deliver.
"It's also testament to the unique fusion of capabilities that, together, Synergy and Jam can deliver for sponsors."
The free app can is available on iPad, iPhone, Android, as well as Facebook and can be downloaded from www.rbs6nationslivechallenge.com from today (3 February).
All rugby fans can play along at any point during the RBS 6 Nations championship, starting with the first matches tomorrow.
The RBS 6 Nations Live Challenge app follows the success of Heineken's Star Player football created by AKQA last year for Uefa's Champion League finals.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...