MEC appoints Jide Sobo to head of mobile role
MEC has hired former Media Brands mobile strategist Jide Sobo as its head of mobile.
Jide Sobo: appointed head of mobile at MEC
Sobo will be tasked with driving the growth of the mobile channel at MEC, taking over responsibilities previously held by emerging platforms director Mark Brennan, who has left to become head of mobile at Carat.
Sobo will report to Justin Taylor, managing director of MEC's digital operations.
The agency is also bolstering its social and digital capabilities with the hires of Emma Ellis and James Graver.
Ellis has been hired as social insight director, joining from MPG where she was digital research director.
She will be responsible for bridging the gap between the social media, analytics and insight teams, in order to further integrate social into the planning process.
Graver will work as a digital strategist on the Danone and Wilkinson Sword accounts, having previously been an ideation strategist at UM London since 2007.
Justin Taylor, digital managing director at MEC, said: "They are top talent and their complementary expertise will be a great addition to our experience in the areas when clients are seeking leadership, namely insight, social, strategy and mobile."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...