Ben & Jerry's mirrors Haagen-Dazs with liquid centre ice-cream launch
Ben & Jerry's is mirroring rival Haagen-Dazs by launching its own liquid centre mini ice-cream pot, which will debut in Tesco later this month.
Ben & Jerry's: rolls out liquid-filled ice-cream
Ben & Jerry's Core will launch in three flavours – Karamel Sutra, Doughable Whammy and Berry White.
Each 500ml pot will cost £4.99.
The pots have a soft core of chocolate truffle, chocolate fudge or caramel sauces, and two flavours of ice cream.
Ben & Jerry's Core will initially launch in Tesco, followed by a wider rollout in other supermarkets.
It is unclear what level of marketing support Unilever will accord the brand.
Ben & Jerry's Core is a similar offering to Haagen-Dazs' Secret Sensation tubs, which launched earlier this year.
Last week, Unilever said it spent an extra £124m on advertising and promotions in 2011, making a total of £5.13bn.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland