England rugby clash with Scotland peaks at 8.3 million
England's opening Six Nations victory against Scotland was watched by a peak audience of 8.3 million viewers on BBC One, making it Saturday's highest-rating TV programme.
TV viewing: the England-Scotland Six Nations clash drew a peak 8.3 million viewers
BBC One’s coverage of the match, starting at 4.30pm and finishing at 7pm, attracted an average audience of 6.5 million viewers.
The away victory for England drew 30.3% of the available audience, outdoing the likes of ‘Come Dine With Me’ on Channel 4 and ‘New You’ve Been Framed’ on ITV1.
The day’s other rugby match between France and Italy managed an average of 2.9 million viewers earlier in the afternoon on the same channel.
Later in the evening, ITV1’s ‘Take Me Out’ pulled in an average 5.1 million viewers, including ITV1 HD and ITV1 + 1 ratings.
BBC One’s late night football highlights programme ‘Match of the Day’ was watched by 4.6 million viewers.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Creative Team Apple & Ink £35-£45,000 , London
- Senior Manager- Analysis & Insight Direct Recruitment £50,000 + bens, Cambridgeshire
- Global Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Regional Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, Asia