England rugby clash with Scotland peaks at 8.3 million
England's opening Six Nations victory against Scotland was watched by a peak audience of 8.3 million viewers on BBC One, making it Saturday's highest-rating TV programme.
TV viewing: the England-Scotland Six Nations clash drew a peak 8.3 million viewers
BBC One’s coverage of the match, starting at 4.30pm and finishing at 7pm, attracted an average audience of 6.5 million viewers.
The away victory for England drew 30.3% of the available audience, outdoing the likes of ‘Come Dine With Me’ on Channel 4 and ‘New You’ve Been Framed’ on ITV1.
The day’s other rugby match between France and Italy managed an average of 2.9 million viewers earlier in the afternoon on the same channel.
Later in the evening, ITV1’s ‘Take Me Out’ pulled in an average 5.1 million viewers, including ITV1 HD and ITV1 + 1 ratings.
BBC One’s late night football highlights programme ‘Match of the Day’ was watched by 4.6 million viewers.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...