Ex-Camelot commercial chief lands Diamond Jubilee post
Former Camelot, Kraft and Somerfield marketer Phil Smith has been appointed to the lead marketing role for the Queen's Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant.
Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: takes place on Sunday 3 June
As commercial director, Smith will be responsible for raising sponsorship from brands to contribute to the overall £10m cost of the 1000-boat flotilla, which will sail down the Thames on Sunday 3 June.
Sainsbury’s has already signed up as a commercial partner, but Smith wants to bring more brands on board.
‘It’s going to be a momentous occasion,’ he said. ‘It is not just about getting cash from our corporate partners – it will allow us to use their marketing footprints to take the pageant to the world at large.’
The activity will act as a launch pad for a new charity, the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust.
The aim of the body is to raise £100m for projects related to education, culture and curable disease across the Commonwealth.
Smith’s appointment coincided with Monday’s 60th anniversary of the Queen’s accession to the throne.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...