Ex-Camelot commercial chief lands Diamond Jubilee post
Former Camelot, Kraft and Somerfield marketer Phil Smith has been appointed to the lead marketing role for the Queen's Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant.
Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: takes place on Sunday 3 June
As commercial director, Smith will be responsible for raising sponsorship from brands to contribute to the overall £10m cost of the 1000-boat flotilla, which will sail down the Thames on Sunday 3 June.
Sainsbury’s has already signed up as a commercial partner, but Smith wants to bring more brands on board.
‘It’s going to be a momentous occasion,’ he said. ‘It is not just about getting cash from our corporate partners – it will allow us to use their marketing footprints to take the pageant to the world at large.’
The activity will act as a launch pad for a new charity, the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust.
The aim of the body is to raise £100m for projects related to education, culture and curable disease across the Commonwealth.
Smith’s appointment coincided with Monday’s 60th anniversary of the Queen’s accession to the throne.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)