BT to sponsor 'London Live' Olympic entertainment events
BT is to sponsor a series of live screenings and music concerts at Hyde Park, taking place under the 'London Live' banner, during this summer's Olympics.
London Live: taking place at London's Hyde Park and Victoria Park
‘London Live’, which will take place every day of the Games, will also include live music, sports and entertainment events in Victoria Park and Trafalgar Square.
BT signed a deal in 2009 to become the official telecommunications partner of London 2012 at a reported cost of £80m. It is understood to be backing the Hyde Park event at a cost of £150,000 per day. Negotiations for the other venues are believed to be ongoing, with other sponsors, including Lloyds TSB, involved as well as BT.
BBC coverage of the Olympics will be broadcast on big screens in Hyde Park and Victoria Park from 27 July to 12 August, while screens in Trafalgar Square will show Channel 4’s Paralympic coverage from 29 August to 9 September. BT and Sainsbury’s are joint sponsors of the latter’s programming.
Visitors to the London Live sites will be able to try out Olympic and Paralympic sports in participation zones.
Live music from big-name acts will take place each evening. Admission will be free, except for the concerts celebrating the Games’ opening and closing ceremonies.
BT declined to comment on plans for the event when contacted. London Live is being held in partnership with The Mayor of London’s office, The Royal Parks and Tower Hamlets council. None of these bodies had responded to requests for comment at the time of going to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Powerpoint and Infographics presentation designer 30 to 40k+ Digital Gurus £30 - £45 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...