BT to sponsor 'London Live' Olympic entertainment events
BT is to sponsor a series of live screenings and music concerts at Hyde Park, taking place under the 'London Live' banner, during this summer's Olympics.
London Live: taking place at London's Hyde Park and Victoria Park
‘London Live’, which will take place every day of the Games, will also include live music, sports and entertainment events in Victoria Park and Trafalgar Square.
BT signed a deal in 2009 to become the official telecommunications partner of London 2012 at a reported cost of £80m. It is understood to be backing the Hyde Park event at a cost of £150,000 per day. Negotiations for the other venues are believed to be ongoing, with other sponsors, including Lloyds TSB, involved as well as BT.
BBC coverage of the Olympics will be broadcast on big screens in Hyde Park and Victoria Park from 27 July to 12 August, while screens in Trafalgar Square will show Channel 4’s Paralympic coverage from 29 August to 9 September. BT and Sainsbury’s are joint sponsors of the latter’s programming.
Visitors to the London Live sites will be able to try out Olympic and Paralympic sports in participation zones.
Live music from big-name acts will take place each evening. Admission will be free, except for the concerts celebrating the Games’ opening and closing ceremonies.
BT declined to comment on plans for the event when contacted. London Live is being held in partnership with The Mayor of London’s office, The Royal Parks and Tower Hamlets council. None of these bodies had responded to requests for comment at the time of going to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)