Umbro sidelines John Terry from ad campaigns
Sports brand Umbro is seeking fresh football brand ambassadors, with former England captain John Terry left out of its marketing amid allegations of racism against him.
Umbro: seeking new football brand ambassadors
Terry is to face trial in July, accused of racially abusing QPR player Anton Ferdinand. He was stripped of the England captaincy by the Football Association last week.
The Chelsea defender was most recently used by Umbro last August, in a campaign to promote its latest England away kit.
An Umbro spokeswoman declined to "discuss future campaigns" but confirmed Terry "[will not] appear in our current campaigns".
She said: "We are constantly looking for footballing talent."
Terry has also appeared in activity for Samsung, Nationwide, video game 'Pro Evolution Soccer' and Swedish betting company Svenska Spel.
The latter has stated it no longer wishes to work with Terry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...