Umbro sidelines John Terry from ad campaigns
Sports brand Umbro is seeking fresh football brand ambassadors, with former England captain John Terry left out of its marketing amid allegations of racism against him.
Umbro: seeking new football brand ambassadors
Terry is to face trial in July, accused of racially abusing QPR player Anton Ferdinand. He was stripped of the England captaincy by the Football Association last week.
The Chelsea defender was most recently used by Umbro last August, in a campaign to promote its latest England away kit.
An Umbro spokeswoman declined to "discuss future campaigns" but confirmed Terry "[will not] appear in our current campaigns".
She said: "We are constantly looking for footballing talent."
Terry has also appeared in activity for Samsung, Nationwide, video game 'Pro Evolution Soccer' and Swedish betting company Svenska Spel.
The latter has stated it no longer wishes to work with Terry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London