Branding 'police' mask non-sponsor logos at Olympic venues
Kimberly-Clark is one of several companies that will find its brand logos at sporting venues being covered with masking tape ahead of the Olympics.
London 2012 Olympics: branding 'police' covering logos
As part of the Games’ ‘clean stadia policy’, devised to protect sponsors’ brand investment, audits are under way at venues, including Wimbledon and Wembley, to cover corporate branding.
This will have the biggest impact on brand manufacturers of toilets, sinks, tissue and soap dispensers.
While guidelines state that small logos on furniture will not be affected, a decision has been made to either remove logos or cover them if there is repetition of brand names.
Branding in ‘wet areas’, such as inside a urinal, will remain visible, however, whereas toilet-roll dispensers and the outer ceramic areas of toilets will be taped over.
A spokesman for London 2012 said: ‘All branding within venues is restricted, even for sponsors, so some will be covered up.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...