Microsoft hires Mandeep Mason to head up EMEA mobile ad sales
Microsoft has appointed Mandeep Mason, sales director at Nokia-owned Navteq, as director of mobile advertising sales for EMEA, to "refine" the company's mobile strategy and expand its revenue streams.
Mandeep Mason: takes up mobile role at Microsoft
Mason will be responsible for developing Microsoft's mobile advertising proposition across products including MSN Mobile, Windows Messenger and Windows Phone Network, as well as in-app ads and adverting on Skype mobile.
He replaces Paul Lyonette, who left Microsoft last August to join YuMe, the mobile video network, as European sales director.
He has already joined the company and reports into Laurent Delaporte, vice president of Microsoft Advertising, EMEA.
Mason has worked at Nokia for nearly five years, helping develop Nokia's advertising network.
He joined in 2007, as head of UK sales for Nokia Interactive Group, which then was moved into the Nokia-owned company Navteq, where he became deputy sales director in 2010.
Prior to Nokia he worked at Refresh Mobile and MindMatics UK.
There have also been recent changes to Microsoft's UK mobile sales team, with Nik Dewar promoted to head of mobile sales in December last year.
Last year the internet and technology giant underwent a global reorganisation of the business.
As part of the UK restructure, Andy Hart was appointed to head up the enlarged Advertising and Online division in July, while Ashley Highfield, former managing director of the now defunct consumer and online division departed shortly after to join Johnston Press.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Customer and Market Insight Officer Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + Very competitive benefits package, Guildford
- Print Buyer - Print Purchasing - High Street Brand - £25-27k Salt £25000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London