Honda plots to overhaul customers' online journeys
Honda is overhauling its digital presence in a bid to improve customers' online journeys.
Honda: this year's Super Bowl spot featuring Matthew Broderick
The car marque is in discussion with a number of digital agencies to build a centralised web platform, which will integrate its customer site with databases including logistics, stock management and ordering.
It is understood that the project is being led by Jon Gibson, Honda's European digital marketing manager.
Honda has been stepping up its digital activity in recent years to compete with rivals in the automotive sector.
In February last year, Honda launched what it claimed to be the first TV ad to use "sound-synching" technology, enabling viewers of its "unpredictable life" TV commercial to interact with the activity with their iPhones.
In December, Honda unveiled its new 2012 Civic model via a series of online films.
Last week, the Japanese manufacturer seeded its ad for this year's Super Bowl, featuring the title character from the cult film 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Ads Ops Executive @ Premium Network Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + 20% bonus and breat benefits, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...