Honda plots to overhaul customers' online journeys
Honda is overhauling its digital presence in a bid to improve customers' online journeys.
Honda: this year's Super Bowl spot featuring Matthew Broderick
The car marque is in discussion with a number of digital agencies to build a centralised web platform, which will integrate its customer site with databases including logistics, stock management and ordering.
It is understood that the project is being led by Jon Gibson, Honda's European digital marketing manager.
Honda has been stepping up its digital activity in recent years to compete with rivals in the automotive sector.
In February last year, Honda launched what it claimed to be the first TV ad to use "sound-synching" technology, enabling viewers of its "unpredictable life" TV commercial to interact with the activity with their iPhones.
In December, Honda unveiled its new 2012 Civic model via a series of online films.
Last week, the Japanese manufacturer seeded its ad for this year's Super Bowl, featuring the title character from the cult film 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London