Honda plots to overhaul customers' online journeys
Honda is overhauling its digital presence in a bid to improve customers' online journeys.
Honda: this year's Super Bowl spot featuring Matthew Broderick
The car marque is in discussion with a number of digital agencies to build a centralised web platform, which will integrate its customer site with databases including logistics, stock management and ordering.
It is understood that the project is being led by Jon Gibson, Honda's European digital marketing manager.
Honda has been stepping up its digital activity in recent years to compete with rivals in the automotive sector.
In February last year, Honda launched what it claimed to be the first TV ad to use "sound-synching" technology, enabling viewers of its "unpredictable life" TV commercial to interact with the activity with their iPhones.
In December, Honda unveiled its new 2012 Civic model via a series of online films.
Last week, the Japanese manufacturer seeded its ad for this year's Super Bowl, featuring the title character from the cult film 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...