RB commits £100m to building brands and 'powermarkets'
Reckitt Benckiser has today committed to an additional £100m investment in brand building and is mirroring its Powerbrand initiative by identifying 16 new Powermarkets.
Cillit Bang: Reckitt Benckiser 'powerbrand'
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) has also disclosed that it is launching a major sales push in emerging markets to compensate for sluggish growth in Europe.
The identification of Powermarkets mirrors RB's strategy of targeting key Powerbrands, which includes brands such as Vanish, Cillit Bang.
RB has not yet disclosed its 16 new Powermarkets.
The company said its additional £100m investment in brand building would be found by finding cost savings across the business.
Rakesh Kapoor, the company's new chief executive, who took over in September replacing Bart Becht, said RB will ramp up its focus on growth markets, along with health and hygiene products.
Kapoor said: "[in addition to the] Powerbrand strategy, we have identified 16 'Powermarkets' for increased focus and investment, most of which are in emerging markets.
"RB's relentless focus on building brands will continue. We will be increasing our investment in high rates of innovation and brand equity building. We aim to deliver steady operating margin expansion."
RB's new focus of markets include grouping together new geographical regions, made up of LAPAC (Latin America, North Asia, South and South East Asia and Australia and New Zealand); RUMEA (Russia, Middle East, North Africa and Turkey and Africa) and ENA (Europe, North America).
RB had previously warned of slower growth in the last three months of 2011.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Seven Search and Selection Competitive plus package, East Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...