Gap first to use illuminated bus format
Gap, the clothing brand, has become the first advertiser to use a new illuminated bus format, as part of its 'Be Bright' campaign that promotes its "young, fresh and vibrant feel".
Gap: 'be bright' campaign
The 10 special illuminated bus T-side ads will run on the side of 10 buses that travel on "gold" routes through central London. They will be supported by a further 140 central London buses displaying the ad on traditional formats.
The campaign was planned by Omnicom media agency PHD and bought by Aegis Media's outdoor agency Posterscope. The creative was designed by Gap’s in-house creative teams.
It is the second addition to CBS Outdoor's bus offering in recent months. In December CBS Outdoor added Bluetooth connectivity to brands advertising on 100 London buses operating in central London following a successful trial.
Dee Levison, media manager at PHD, said: "PHD has a long heritage of media innovation and we’re delighted to make Gap the first brand to use the illuminated T-side format.
"It is the perfect medium for Gap to communicate its 'Be Bright' message to a targeted shopping audience, particularly with the dark evenings throughout February."
CBS Outdoor plans to expand the illuminated format across London over the next four weeks.
Jason Cotterrell, UK country director at CBS Outdoor UK, said: "It's the first time the bus format has been used in this way and it’s a great example of its versatility and flexibility and how it can be used to really communicate a brand message."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Online Marketing Communications Manager Ascot International Up to £30,000 per annum, South London region
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...