RB takes to Facebook to sell Cillit Bang extension
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is pushing its latest Cillit Bang brand extension through Facebook and is bringing back its advertising character Barry Scott to bolster its marketing offensive.
Cillit Bang: Barry and Harry campaign
RB is launching the product, Cillit Bang All in 1 Dish & Surface cleaner, exclusively through a direct-to-consumer (DTC) platform, within Facebook, for its UK audience.
The move is expected to be the first of a number of ecommerce trials planned by RB, as it moves to tap into the growth in social media.
The launch of the Cillit Bang brand extension also sees the return of brand character Barry Scott, joined by his "twin brother" Harry Scott, across the brand’s marketing activity, "to offer help, advice, and some fun interaction" for consumers.
The Cillit Bang Facebook page and shop, http://www.facebook.com/CillitbangUK, allows consumers to buy the product direct from the Facebook page, without having to pay for postage and packaging, and is delivered within three days.
Stefan Gaa, marketing director, RB UK, said the launch was a "first" and that RB would be monitoring it "very closely".
He said: "F-commerce DTC model allows us to interact intimately with our target market, getting almost instant feedback, and means that we can tailor the Facebook page and our offers and competitions quickly and precisely."
The new product launch is being supported with digital activity across social media, using competitions and games to talk to its target audience.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- MD or GM Qatar Lucy Cooper £85-100k+ plus bonus; salary dependent on experience, Qatar
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...