Publicis reports 7.3% revenue growth for 2011
Publicis Groupe has beaten expectations by reporting year-on-year revenue growth of 7.3% to £4.8bn in 2011.
Maurice Lévy: chairman and chief executive of Publicis Groupe
According to the group's full-year financial results, Publicis reported organic growth of 5.7% in 2011, with all regions including Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa & Middle East posting a growth in revenue from 2010.
The biggest growth came from Latin America, which grew revenue by 31.7% followed by Asia-Pacific that grew by 11.8%.
Revenue across Europe grew by 6.3% while North America was the slowest growing market at 4.4%.
Digital accounted for 30.6% of the Groupe's total revenue, up by 2.8% from the previous year. Advertising accounted for 31% of revenue in 2011 for the group with media accounting for 19%.
Specialised agencies and marketing services (Sams), which include all digital services, direct marketing, CRM, Events and PR, accounted for 50% of the Groupe's revenue in 2011.
New business grew by £4.9bn thanks to wins including Burger King, Ferrero and Disney. However, this year 0.5% of the Groupe's revenue will be knocked off it end of year figures due to the loss of General Motors' media account in January held by Starcom.
Maurice Lévy, Chairman and chief executive of Publicis Groupe, said: "In a context of sovereign debt crisis and economic slowdown, Publicis has not only outperformed the market, more remarkably it has improved on its own outstanding performance of 2010.
"Though we remain very cautious all along, our situation enables us to stride confidently towards the future and particularly in 2012".
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)