Publicis reports 7.3% revenue growth for 2011
Publicis Groupe has beaten expectations by reporting year-on-year revenue growth of 7.3% to £4.8bn in 2011.
Maurice Lévy: chairman and chief executive of Publicis Groupe
According to the group's full-year financial results, Publicis reported organic growth of 5.7% in 2011, with all regions including Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa & Middle East posting a growth in revenue from 2010.
The biggest growth came from Latin America, which grew revenue by 31.7% followed by Asia-Pacific that grew by 11.8%.
Revenue across Europe grew by 6.3% while North America was the slowest growing market at 4.4%.
Digital accounted for 30.6% of the Groupe's total revenue, up by 2.8% from the previous year. Advertising accounted for 31% of revenue in 2011 for the group with media accounting for 19%.
Specialised agencies and marketing services (Sams), which include all digital services, direct marketing, CRM, Events and PR, accounted for 50% of the Groupe's revenue in 2011.
New business grew by £4.9bn thanks to wins including Burger King, Ferrero and Disney. However, this year 0.5% of the Groupe's revenue will be knocked off it end of year figures due to the loss of General Motors' media account in January held by Starcom.
Maurice Lévy, Chairman and chief executive of Publicis Groupe, said: "In a context of sovereign debt crisis and economic slowdown, Publicis has not only outperformed the market, more remarkably it has improved on its own outstanding performance of 2010.
"Though we remain very cautious all along, our situation enables us to stride confidently towards the future and particularly in 2012".
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...