Barclays hires former Vodafone marketing chief Wheldon to brand role
Barclays has hired former Vodafone marketing chief David Wheldon to head up its global corporate reputation, amid the negative perception of the banking industry in the UK and overseas.
David Wheldon: joins Barclays in senior role
Wheldon, who left his role as global brand director at Vodafone in April 2010, has been hired as head of brand, reputation and citizenship across Barclays Group. It is understood he will be tasked with enhancing the bank's reputation and managing its range of CSR activities.
Although Barclays has not been forced to endure the same levels of scrutiny around executive bonuses, chief executive Bob Diamond has proved a controversial figure in the media, arguing last year that the "period of remorse" in banking should come to an end.
Prior to joining Vodafone, Wheldon spent four years as global advertising director at Coca-Cola, as well as a stint as European president at advertising network BBDO.
Barclays was unable to provide a comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...