Barclays hires former Vodafone marketing chief Wheldon to brand role
Barclays has hired former Vodafone marketing chief David Wheldon to head up its global corporate reputation, amid the negative perception of the banking industry in the UK and overseas.
David Wheldon: joins Barclays in senior role
Wheldon, who left his role as global brand director at Vodafone in April 2010, has been hired as head of brand, reputation and citizenship across Barclays Group. It is understood he will be tasked with enhancing the bank's reputation and managing its range of CSR activities.
Although Barclays has not been forced to endure the same levels of scrutiny around executive bonuses, chief executive Bob Diamond has proved a controversial figure in the media, arguing last year that the "period of remorse" in banking should come to an end.
Prior to joining Vodafone, Wheldon spent four years as global advertising director at Coca-Cola, as well as a stint as European president at advertising network BBDO.
Barclays was unable to provide a comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London