Barclays hires former Vodafone marketing chief Wheldon to brand role
Barclays has hired former Vodafone marketing chief David Wheldon to head up its global corporate reputation, amid the negative perception of the banking industry in the UK and overseas.
David Wheldon: joins Barclays in senior role
Wheldon, who left his role as global brand director at Vodafone in April 2010, has been hired as head of brand, reputation and citizenship across Barclays Group. It is understood he will be tasked with enhancing the bank's reputation and managing its range of CSR activities.
Although Barclays has not been forced to endure the same levels of scrutiny around executive bonuses, chief executive Bob Diamond has proved a controversial figure in the media, arguing last year that the "period of remorse" in banking should come to an end.
Prior to joining Vodafone, Wheldon spent four years as global advertising director at Coca-Cola, as well as a stint as European president at advertising network BBDO.
Barclays was unable to provide a comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)