M&S brings Valentine's Day model to life
Marks & Spencer is attempting to lure men who are seeking Valentine's Day gift ideas to its mobile website with an augmented reality-powered outdoor advertising campaign.
Marks & Spencer: runs Valentine campaign
The retailer has placed a billboard at Waterloo train station, which features a model in lingerie holding flowers. The copy reads, "Love stuck? Here's a little Valentine's help".
The ad prompts commuters to download the Aurasma augmented reality app to their smartphone. The billboard can then be viewed through the smartphone's camera, triggering a video of the model, which can be viewed on the phone.
Digital agency Profero conceived the idea and shot the video.
The model offers gift ideas from the M&S flower and lingerie ranges, and shows customers how to make their purchases direct from their mobiles.
The video can also be viewed online at http://social.marksandspencer.com/.
The news comes as M&S continues to focus on multi-channel retail, having become the first UK retailer to launch an app for Samsung's IPTV devices.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Project Manager - Central London - £35k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £35k, Central London