M&S brings Valentine's Day model to life
Marks & Spencer is attempting to lure men who are seeking Valentine's Day gift ideas to its mobile website with an augmented reality-powered outdoor advertising campaign.
Marks & Spencer: runs Valentine campaign
The retailer has placed a billboard at Waterloo train station, which features a model in lingerie holding flowers. The copy reads, "Love stuck? Here's a little Valentine's help".
The ad prompts commuters to download the Aurasma augmented reality app to their smartphone. The billboard can then be viewed through the smartphone's camera, triggering a video of the model, which can be viewed on the phone.
Digital agency Profero conceived the idea and shot the video.
The model offers gift ideas from the M&S flower and lingerie ranges, and shows customers how to make their purchases direct from their mobiles.
The video can also be viewed online at http://social.marksandspencer.com/.
The news comes as M&S continues to focus on multi-channel retail, having become the first UK retailer to launch an app for Samsung's IPTV devices.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London