M&S brings Valentine's Day model to life
Marks & Spencer is attempting to lure men who are seeking Valentine's Day gift ideas to its mobile website with an augmented reality-powered outdoor advertising campaign.
Marks & Spencer: runs Valentine campaign
The retailer has placed a billboard at Waterloo train station, which features a model in lingerie holding flowers. The copy reads, "Love stuck? Here's a little Valentine's help".
The ad prompts commuters to download the Aurasma augmented reality app to their smartphone. The billboard can then be viewed through the smartphone's camera, triggering a video of the model, which can be viewed on the phone.
Digital agency Profero conceived the idea and shot the video.
The model offers gift ideas from the M&S flower and lingerie ranges, and shows customers how to make their purchases direct from their mobiles.
The video can also be viewed online at http://social.marksandspencer.com/.
The news comes as M&S continues to focus on multi-channel retail, having become the first UK retailer to launch an app for Samsung's IPTV devices.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London