Google to launch 'own-brand entertainment hardware'
Google is developing an own-brand, home-entertainment system that streams music wirelessly through the home, according to reports.
Google: reported to be launching a home-entertainment system
The launch of such a device would mark the first time Google has designed and marketed a consumer electronic device under the Google brand.
Google has declined to comment on the speculation that was kicked off by a Wall Street Journal story.
News of the device is based on a filing with the Federal Communications Commission, with testing due to take place in Google's Mountain View headquarters in California and three other cities.
Up until now, Google's forays into hardware have been restricted to opening up its Android mobile operating system to mobile manufacturers, and the launch of its Google TV platform, which is being made available on LG and Sony devices.
News of the rumoured home-entertainment system comes after Google agreed to buy mobile phone business Mobile Mobility in August for $12.5bn (£7.7bn) in order to boost its hardware capabilities.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...