VisitWales top marketer exits for Cardiff & Co
VisitWales top marketer Roger Pride is leaving the Welsh tourism body to take up the role of managing director at Cardiff & Co, the public-private partnership which promotes Cardiff.
Roger Pride: VisitWales marketer joins Cardiff & Co
Pride replaces Richard Thomas, who is leaving to take up an appointment at BBC Wales.
Pride will take up his position at Cardiff & Co at the end of the month. It is unclear who will replace him at VisitWales.
Cardiff & Co is a public-private partnership that promotes the Welsh capital and its region internationally.
Pride has been with VisitWales, previously known as the Welsh Tourist Board, for more than seven years.
Adrian Clark, chairman of Cardiff & Co, said: "Cardiff & Co will be looking to extend its links with businesses, to build on the work it has already done to attract new investment to the city region and to cement the city's growing reputation as a leisure and business destination.
"I look forward to welcoming Roger Pride to the team and to working with him to add to the company's recent achievements."
In August last year, Visit Wales called upon 'Gavin and Stacey' star Joanna Page to promote the country as a holiday destination, as part of a major integrated campaign, kicking off with a social media push.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...