VisitWales top marketer exits for Cardiff & Co
VisitWales top marketer Roger Pride is leaving the Welsh tourism body to take up the role of managing director at Cardiff & Co, the public-private partnership which promotes Cardiff.
Roger Pride: VisitWales marketer joins Cardiff & Co
Pride replaces Richard Thomas, who is leaving to take up an appointment at BBC Wales.
Pride will take up his position at Cardiff & Co at the end of the month. It is unclear who will replace him at VisitWales.
Cardiff & Co is a public-private partnership that promotes the Welsh capital and its region internationally.
Pride has been with VisitWales, previously known as the Welsh Tourist Board, for more than seven years.
Adrian Clark, chairman of Cardiff & Co, said: "Cardiff & Co will be looking to extend its links with businesses, to build on the work it has already done to attract new investment to the city region and to cement the city's growing reputation as a leisure and business destination.
"I look forward to welcoming Roger Pride to the team and to working with him to add to the company's recent achievements."
In August last year, Visit Wales called upon 'Gavin and Stacey' star Joanna Page to promote the country as a holiday destination, as part of a major integrated campaign, kicking off with a social media push.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Analytical Marketing Manager Badenoch & Clark £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...