VisitWales top marketer exits for Cardiff & Co
VisitWales top marketer Roger Pride is leaving the Welsh tourism body to take up the role of managing director at Cardiff & Co, the public-private partnership which promotes Cardiff.
Roger Pride: VisitWales marketer joins Cardiff & Co
Pride replaces Richard Thomas, who is leaving to take up an appointment at BBC Wales.
Pride will take up his position at Cardiff & Co at the end of the month. It is unclear who will replace him at VisitWales.
Cardiff & Co is a public-private partnership that promotes the Welsh capital and its region internationally.
Pride has been with VisitWales, previously known as the Welsh Tourist Board, for more than seven years.
Adrian Clark, chairman of Cardiff & Co, said: "Cardiff & Co will be looking to extend its links with businesses, to build on the work it has already done to attract new investment to the city region and to cement the city's growing reputation as a leisure and business destination.
"I look forward to welcoming Roger Pride to the team and to working with him to add to the company's recent achievements."
In August last year, Visit Wales called upon 'Gavin and Stacey' star Joanna Page to promote the country as a holiday destination, as part of a major integrated campaign, kicking off with a social media push.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London