Dancing on Ice slides to lowest ever audience
'Dancing on Ice', ITV1's celebrity ice skating competition, had the smallest audience in its seven year history last night.
Louie Spence: Dancing on Ice judge
According to unofficial overnight figures the show’s two instalments had 7.0 million and 5.9 million viewers respectively, smaller than three weeks ago (22 January) when the shows had their previous lows.
The first episode of ‘Dancing on Ice’ had an average audience of 6.98 million viewers, a 26.1% share of the audience, between 6.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. An additional 245,500 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
Fitness expert Rosemary Conley’s departure on ‘Dancing on Ice: The Skate-Off’ was watched by an audience of 5.95 million viewers, a 23% share, between 9.30pm and 10pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. An additional 225,700 tuned in on ITV +1.
Despite reporting its smallest ever audience ‘Dancing on Ice’ was the most watched show while it was on TV, apart from the half hour between 6.30pm and 7pm, and peaked with an impressive 8.3 million viewers, a 31% share.
The British Academy Film Awards, presented by Stephen Fry, had an average audience of 5.32 million viewers, a 22.4% share, between 9pm and 11pm on BBC One and BBC One HD.
The BBC One 1950s drama ‘Call the Midwife’, starring Miranda Hart and Vanessa Redgrave, was the most watched show of the day with an audience of 8.50 million viewers, a 28.2% share.
Elsewhere, Channel 4’s comedy documentary ‘The Hotel’ had an average audience of 1.18 million viewers between 8pm and 9pm on Channel 4 and Channel 4 HD. An additional 254,200 watched the show on Channel 4 +1.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...