Drinks body launches campaign for responsible alcohol marketing
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD), whose members includes Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard, has launched a digital campaign that targets marketers and agencies, to promote responsible marketing practices for alcoholic drinks.
Alcohol advertising: drinks body launches campaign for responsible marketing online
In September last year, EFRD and the Distilled Spirits Council of the US, devised a set of self-regulatory guidelines for advertising alcohol on social media sites.
EFRD has now launched an online training tool on its Market Responsibly website, which aims to offer marketers and agencies who work with drinks makers, advice on how to implement the guidelines.
The guidelines include restricting Facebook users aged under 18 from accessing official alcohol brand pages, and committing to remove inappropriate user-generated content from brand pages on Facebook within 48 hours.
The tool supports a training roadshow that EDFR is currently running for the advertising community about how to market alcohol responsibly.
Last year, both Diageo and Heineken struck major advertising deals with Facebook to collaborate on digital campaigns.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)