MG OMD on alert as Mitsubishi UK reviews media business
Mitsubishi UK has called a pitch for its media planning and buying account, currently held by Omnicom agency Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Mitsubishi: electric Miev city car
MG OMD has held the account since 2001, when it was valued at £6m, following Mitsubishi UK's split from full-service agency Roose & Partners.
Agencies interested in the account have been asked to provide a one-pager saying why they are the agency for the car marque by 2 March.
A spokeswoman for Mitsubishi UK said MG OMD would repitch. A spokeswoman for MG OMD had not returned requests for comment by the time of publication.
Mitsubishi has lost ground in recent years to other car manufacturers and has struggled to emulate the 1990s success of the Space Wagon and Space Runner models.
According The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, Mitsubishi had a market share of just 0.51% in 2011, down a fifth compared to 2011 and lagging other Japanese brands such as Honda (2.61%) and Toyota (3.79%).
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London