British Muslims for Secular Democracy asks for pro-bono support
A not-for-profit group aimed at challenging the perception of Muslims in the UK is seeking pro-bono comms support to help it reach out to the nationals.
Leader: Independent columnist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown
British Muslims for Secular Democracy is a group led by trustees including Independent columnist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, which is working to highlight injustices that take place within Muslim communities, as well as those that are committed against Muslims.
British Muslims for Secular Democracy director Tehmina Kazi explained that the body is looking to communicate its aims and activities to a wider audience.
‘The brief is to increase exposure in the national press, particularly outlets that have not featured our work before, such as The Telegraph and The Times,’ said Kazi. ‘We also have a strong positive message in terms of promoting civic engagement among Muslims.’
The group has in the past spoken out about reports that radical group Islam4UK is launching a campaign to advance the implementation of Sharia law in the UK.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...