British Muslims for Secular Democracy asks for pro-bono support
A not-for-profit group aimed at challenging the perception of Muslims in the UK is seeking pro-bono comms support to help it reach out to the nationals.
Leader: Independent columnist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown
British Muslims for Secular Democracy is a group led by trustees including Independent columnist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, which is working to highlight injustices that take place within Muslim communities, as well as those that are committed against Muslims.
British Muslims for Secular Democracy director Tehmina Kazi explained that the body is looking to communicate its aims and activities to a wider audience.
‘The brief is to increase exposure in the national press, particularly outlets that have not featured our work before, such as The Telegraph and The Times,’ said Kazi. ‘We also have a strong positive message in terms of promoting civic engagement among Muslims.’
The group has in the past spoken out about reports that radical group Islam4UK is launching a campaign to advance the implementation of Sharia law in the UK.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Visual Merchandising Manager Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Senior Designer / Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy Subject to skill set, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London