Facebook marketing chief lauds 'real life' mobile possibilities
Facebook's mobile strategy is being underpinned by a drive to better integrate the social network into consumers' everyday lives.
Alexander Schlaubitz, director of customer marketing at Facebook
Speaking at the Social Brands conference held in association with Marketing last week, Alexander Schlaubitz, director of customer marketing at Facebook, said that mobile is of ‘huge concern’ to the company.
‘[Mobile] will afford more of a natural augmentation with real life. The more we can have Facebook interact with that, the better,’ he added.
According to Schlaubitz, companies need to focus on making their brands an ‘organic part of the conversation and the curated content that consumers might look at’.
He added: ‘[Facebook] is holding brands so much more account--able for their actions, not their word. In the disruption model, [marketing] was all about being fun. Now, it is about being truthful and consistent.’
Mobile is set to be a core business focus for Facebook in the next 12 months. The social network, fresh from its IPO announcement, currently has 350m mobile users.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...