Marks & Spencer feels Twitter heat as Valentine's Day £20 Dine-in deal runs out
Marks & Spencer’s £20 Dine-in Valentine’s Day deal is running out across London and other parts of the UK, leaving customers disappointed.
M&S: Valentine's Day £20 deal running low
The deal, which comprises a starter, main meal, side dish, dessert, wine and chocolates, has been a hit with Valentine's Day shoppers.
Oxford Circus, Hammersmith and Covent Garden are among the stores where the deal has had to be suspended due to one or more of the components selling out before lunchtime in some places.
One M&S shop-floor employee said there had been an error in the buying department - a claim strenously denied by M&S.
Shoppers took to Twitter to complain:
@stevelake Dear @marksandspencer Please don't waste time advertising a Valentine's £20 deal if they are not available on the day or mostly sold out.
@twe_Ed It's a shame @marksandspencer have run out of there £20 Valentines meal offer. We disorganised people like treats too #harrumph #ourownfault.
@chrisp_campbell Why advertise on tv but then run out of stock? Surely a con to get ppl into the stores.. I'm not just angry I'm m&s angry.
@LawaLaura If ur thinking about goin 2 @marksandspencer for their £20 meal deal in the #norwich branch DONT. NOTHING left, theyve had 2 change the menu.
@rusty_f @marksandspencer on Gracechurch St. has RUN OUT of their valentines day mealdeal. How can u run out with such a huge selection included?
But the deal also had some Twitter fans:
@GenHasAHorcrux Want to say thanks in advance for a delicious valentines dinner courtesy of @marksandspencer #DineInForTwoIsBoss.
@vkeating Looking forward to the dine in for two Valentines meal from @marksandspencer ! Fantastic value and great choice and I don't have to cook!!
An M&S spokesman said that extra lines had been added in to avoid disappointing customers where stores had run short.
He added: "There is still stock in stores, but as we approach Valentine’s Day evening, there will be some stores that no longer can offer the deal due to availability."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1