Marketing Cover Story: With Tesco feeling the heat, where next for Clubcard?
RAPP's Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer, and Adrian Whatman, design director, talk us through this week's (15 February) cover image.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Marketing cover image by RAPP ( 15 February 2012)
Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer at RAPP (top) and Adrian Whatman, design director, RAPP (bottom), said: "We wanted the cover to convey a sense of ambivalence – can Tesco's Clubcard pull off a phoenix-like reincarnation ... or is it data's 'fallen angel'?
"Loyalty programmes have grown lazy and complacent.
"Today's consumers expect more than a voucher and a pat on the head.
"They demand recognition and respect, or they go elsewhere.
"How Tesco reacts to this may see the Clubcard propelled to giddy new heights – or plumbing new depths."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)