Marketing Cover Story: With Tesco feeling the heat, where next for Clubcard?
RAPP's Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer, and Adrian Whatman, design director, talk us through this week's (15 February) cover image.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Marketing cover image by RAPP ( 15 February 2012)
Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer at RAPP (top) and Adrian Whatman, design director, RAPP (bottom), said: "We wanted the cover to convey a sense of ambivalence – can Tesco's Clubcard pull off a phoenix-like reincarnation ... or is it data's 'fallen angel'?
"Loyalty programmes have grown lazy and complacent.
"Today's consumers expect more than a voucher and a pat on the head.
"They demand recognition and respect, or they go elsewhere.
"How Tesco reacts to this may see the Clubcard propelled to giddy new heights – or plumbing new depths."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)