Marketing Cover Story: With Tesco feeling the heat, where next for Clubcard?
RAPP's Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer, and Adrian Whatman, design director, talk us through this week's (15 February) cover image.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Marketing cover image by RAPP ( 15 February 2012)
Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer at RAPP (top) and Adrian Whatman, design director, RAPP (bottom), said: "We wanted the cover to convey a sense of ambivalence – can Tesco's Clubcard pull off a phoenix-like reincarnation ... or is it data's 'fallen angel'?
"Loyalty programmes have grown lazy and complacent.
"Today's consumers expect more than a voucher and a pat on the head.
"They demand recognition and respect, or they go elsewhere.
"How Tesco reacts to this may see the Clubcard propelled to giddy new heights – or plumbing new depths."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)