Marketing Cover Story: With Tesco feeling the heat, where next for Clubcard?
RAPP's Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer, and Adrian Whatman, design director, talk us through this week's (15 February) cover image.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Marketing cover image by RAPP ( 15 February 2012)
Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer at RAPP (top) and Adrian Whatman, design director, RAPP (bottom), said: "We wanted the cover to convey a sense of ambivalence – can Tesco's Clubcard pull off a phoenix-like reincarnation ... or is it data's 'fallen angel'?
"Loyalty programmes have grown lazy and complacent.
"Today's consumers expect more than a voucher and a pat on the head.
"They demand recognition and respect, or they go elsewhere.
"How Tesco reacts to this may see the Clubcard propelled to giddy new heights – or plumbing new depths."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire