Marketing Cover Story: With Tesco feeling the heat, where next for Clubcard?
RAPP's Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer, and Adrian Whatman, design director, talk us through this week's (15 February) cover image.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Marketing cover image by RAPP ( 15 February 2012)
Ian Haworth, global chief creative officer at RAPP (top) and Adrian Whatman, design director, RAPP (bottom), said: "We wanted the cover to convey a sense of ambivalence – can Tesco's Clubcard pull off a phoenix-like reincarnation ... or is it data's 'fallen angel'?
"Loyalty programmes have grown lazy and complacent.
"Today's consumers expect more than a voucher and a pat on the head.
"They demand recognition and respect, or they go elsewhere.
"How Tesco reacts to this may see the Clubcard propelled to giddy new heights – or plumbing new depths."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)