Barclays Bank in public affairs review
A pitch battle is under way for Barclays Bank's public affairs work, as it faces an increasingly intense political climate.
Weber Shandwick: expected to repitch for the account
The bank has been a flagship account of Weber Shandwick’s public affairs division – led by Jon McLeod – for around a decade.
The pitch, which will happen over the next few weeks, takes place amid a fractious political environment for UK bankers after the row over RBS chief Stephen Hester’s bonus.
A spokeswoman confirmed that the pitch is underway and that Weber Shandwick would repitch for the account.
Cicero, which currently works for the bank's investment banking business Barclays Capital, is also understood to be involved in the pitch for the main PA account.
Agencies were asked for written submissions at the end of last month.
Last November, Barclays pitched out its PR support for its £500,000 small business competition One Small Step.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...