Barclays Bank in public affairs review
A pitch battle is under way for Barclays Bank's public affairs work, as it faces an increasingly intense political climate.
Weber Shandwick: expected to repitch for the account
The bank has been a flagship account of Weber Shandwick’s public affairs division – led by Jon McLeod – for around a decade.
The pitch, which will happen over the next few weeks, takes place amid a fractious political environment for UK bankers after the row over RBS chief Stephen Hester’s bonus.
A spokeswoman confirmed that the pitch is underway and that Weber Shandwick would repitch for the account.
Cicero, which currently works for the bank's investment banking business Barclays Capital, is also understood to be involved in the pitch for the main PA account.
Agencies were asked for written submissions at the end of last month.
Last November, Barclays pitched out its PR support for its £500,000 small business competition One Small Step.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Brand Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, North London
- Planner Dahling Ltd £40,000 - 50,000 + bonus, Central London
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + car/car allowance and benefits, Birmingham
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, South West London