News International reports 119,255 digital subs for The Times
News International has provided an update on its two UK newspaper websites behind paywalls, to report 119,255 digital subscribers for The Times and 113,818 for the Sunday Times.
The Sunday Times: NI reports 113,818 digital subs
In further revelations, the publisher reported an average of 59,882 copies of The Times were downloaded daily on the iPad, a 35% increase since September 2011.
The average number of The Sunday Times iPad edition downloads in January was 63,959, representing an 80% increase since September.
The figures continue the steady sales growth tracked by News International, with digital subscribers this time last year (February 2011) for The Times and Sunday Times standing at 79,000 and 75,133 respectively.
The paying digital subscribers are in addition to the reported print circulation figures for January of 405,113 for The Times and 967,975 for The Sunday Times.
According to unverified figures provided by the publisher, there is now a total paid audience of 524,368 for The Times, and 1,081,793 for the Sunday Times.
|The Times||The Sunday Times|
Both newspaper brands have apps available for download on all platforms and devices including Android, Amazon Kindle and iOS5.
The update on the latest digital subscriber numbers come in the same week Rupert Murdoch, chairman and chief executive of News International’s parent group, News Corporation, is set to visit the UK amid growing tensions at The Sun.
Paul Hayes, managing director of commercial operations at News International, started the week reassuring The Sun's leading advertisers and associated media agencies responsible for more than £200m worth of advertising expenditure last year, that it is business as usual.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...