Domino's flags up virtues of low-cost digital marketing
Domino's Pizza has reported a 14.6% uplift in full-year pre-tax profits to £43.6m, driven by a 43% leap in online sales aided by low-cost digital marketing.
Domino's: Get Stuffed! campaign helped boost sales in 2011
Domino's opened 62 new outlets during the year, bringing the total to 726 in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Overall, sales increased 9.3% to £530.6m in the 52 weeks to 25 December 2011.
Online sales came in at £183.1m, up 43%.
Domino's said that a "growing number" of its stores now took more than 75% of their orders online.
The company also flagged up its digital marketing strategy, citing email marketing and Twitter and Facebook initiatives, which it said "were relatively low cost".
It also cited its above-the-line marketing campaigns as helping sales, including 'It's What We Do' and 'Get Stuffed!' campaigns.
Domino's sponsored the ITV family entertainment show, 'Red or Black', last year.
It is still unclear whether the programme will return this year.
Lance Batchelor, Domino's chief executive, said should 'Red or Black' return, Domino's would "take a look at it", but it was "not automatic" that it would sponsor the show again.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...