Domino's flags up virtues of low-cost digital marketing
Domino's Pizza has reported a 14.6% uplift in full-year pre-tax profits to £43.6m, driven by a 43% leap in online sales aided by low-cost digital marketing.
Domino's: Get Stuffed! campaign helped boost sales in 2011
Domino's opened 62 new outlets during the year, bringing the total to 726 in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Overall, sales increased 9.3% to £530.6m in the 52 weeks to 25 December 2011.
Online sales came in at £183.1m, up 43%.
Domino's said that a "growing number" of its stores now took more than 75% of their orders online.
The company also flagged up its digital marketing strategy, citing email marketing and Twitter and Facebook initiatives, which it said "were relatively low cost".
It also cited its above-the-line marketing campaigns as helping sales, including 'It's What We Do' and 'Get Stuffed!' campaigns.
Domino's sponsored the ITV family entertainment show, 'Red or Black', last year.
It is still unclear whether the programme will return this year.
Lance Batchelor, Domino's chief executive, said should 'Red or Black' return, Domino's would "take a look at it", but it was "not automatic" that it would sponsor the show again.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...