IHG fills 85% of Locog Olympic-allocated rooms
Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG), which owns hotel brands Holiday Inn, Intercontinental and Crown Plaza, has filled 85% of its Locog-allocated rooms for the London 2012 Olympics.
Holiday Inn: official hotel provider for the 2012 Olympic Games
IHG partnered with Locog (the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games) and allocated about 65% of its available rooms across its 35 London hotels for Olympic bookings, as part of its sponsorship deal for the London Games.
Holiday Inn is the official hotel provider for the event.
IHG has now said 85% of hotel rooms allocated for London 2012 are already booked.
The disclosure – likely to be welcomed by Locog – comes as IHG announced yesterday (14 February) that its operating profits had increased 26% for the year to 31 December 2011 to $559m (£355m), with overall revenues increasing 9% to $1,768m (£1.1bn).
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London