VIDEO: British Gas must focus on "building trust" in bicentenial year, says Orr
British Gas marketing director Will Orr said the company must work on building "trust and affection" with its millions of consumers as it turns 200.
Will Orr, marketing director, British Gas
Orr's first focus is on simplifying processes and making communications more clear.
"It's about simplifying things for our customers," said Orr. "We're simplifying our tarrifs and our bill" as the company shifts its focus from door-to-door sales to selling at conferences and events.
Answering Marketing's quick-fire questions, Orr gave his advice to graduates and aspiring marketers, saying: "Get a really good grip on digital [and] get a job at a company that really values marketing...so that you know that marketing is going to be front and centre of what that company does".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Berkshire