Kellogg beats Diamond Foods to buy Pringles
Kellogg has beaten Diamond Foods in the race to buy Procter & Gamble (P&G) snack brand Pringles, snapping it up for $2.69bn (£1.71bn).
Pringles: acquired by Kellog from Procter & Gamble for $2.69bn
Kellogg purchased Pringles after a similar deal between P&G and Diamond Foods fell through because of accounting issues and executive changes at Diamond Foods.
Kellogg's acquisition of Pringles will help it in its plans to become a global player in snacks, as it is in cereal foods.
P&G and Diamonds Foods, which makes Emerald Nuts, said they had mutually agreed to end their deal regarding Pringles.
Pringles reported $1.5bn (£956m) in annual sales in its latest figures, across 140 countries.
It is unclear at this stage whether the deal will lead to any redundancies.
John Bryant, Kellogg president and chief executive, said he was confident that the Pringles business "would thrive under Kellogg's leadership."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...