Sky Sports to unleash major campaign for new F1 channel
BSkyB is to support the March launch of its dedicated Sky Sports Formula 1 channel with a multimedia ad campaign, which kicks off tomorrow (17 February).
The campaign, which includes TV, outdoor, press, digital and social media, will continue for the rest of the season.
The TV ad features high-definition footage from F1 racing, and when it is broadcast, Sky customers will be able to click on the red and green buttons on their remote controls to watch the full film or download extra content to their Sky boxes.
A nationwide outdoor campaign will include traditional posters, augmented reality ads and interactive ads on digital outdoor, as well as a 3D installation on Clear Channel Outdoor's 96-sheets on Cromwell Road, London.
In addition to print and inserts in consumer and trade press, Sky has created a new microsite for all its F1 content and will also use online takeover display ads and social media to drive awareness.
The campaign was created by ad agency Brothers & Sisters and the TV ad was directed by Ivan Bird at Rattling Stick. The creative directors were Mark Harris at Brothers and Sisters and Barry Skolnick at Sky.
Corin Dimopoulos, director of sports and news marketing at Sky, said: "This campaign is all about bringing Formula 1 to life. We're targeting new and existing audiences and the creative reflects Formula 1 being given the Sky Sports treatment.
Sky announced it had done a deal with the BBC to share the Formula 1 rights in July. Under the terms of the deal, the BBC, which used to have the rights exclusively, will only broadcast half the races, while Sky will broadcast every race live.
The Sky F1 channel, called Sky Sports F1 HD, will go on air on Friday 9 March and the first race of the Formula 1 season is the Australian Grand Prix the following weekend (16 to 18 March).
In addition to the Formula 1 races, Sky Sports F1 HD will include news, interviews and insight, as well as footage from the GP2 and GP3 series. Interviews and a weekly magazine show will be available on the Sky interactive service.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...