Farm clients and staff join Inferno
Cello is to close the doors of its ad agency Farm as it gears up to relaunch Leith London.
Gary Robinson (l) and Owen Lee: Farm’s founders and executive creative directors are moving to Inferno
Ahead of the launch, which is expected in the next few months, 16 of Farm's 23 staff, including the founders and executive creative directors, Gary Robinson and Owen Lee, have joined the independent agency Inferno.
Several Farm clients, such as Purina, Merlin Entertainments and Nestlé, will also move to Inferno with the team, who are joining the agency after talks with its managing director, Andy Cairns.
Farm's other clients will move to Leith when it opens, while the remaining Farm staff will be absorbed into the Cello agencies Tangible, Leith and Blonde Digital.
The Edinburgh-based Leith launched a London agency in 2000 when it was independent, but it closed six years later following Cello's decision to merge it into Farm.
At Inferno, Robinson and Lee will report to the chief creative officer, Al Young.
John Rowley, the group managing director of Cello, said: "Owen and Gary have been outstanding for us over the past couple of years and we'll be sorry to see them go. We wish them the best of luck for the future."
Lee commented: "We have been looking for a way to offer our clients and our people a deeper and richer level of service, and the chemistry with Inferno was irresistible. Culturally, our clients and our people are in exactly the same place as theirs."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London