Mark Chippendale appointed Active International MD
Mark Chippendale, the former commercial director of CBS Outdoor, has been appointed as the UK managing director of barter company Active International, as managing director Dean Wilson steps up to chief executive.
Mark Chippendale: joins Active International
In his new role Chippendale will have responsibility for the development and management of the UK business. Dean Wilson will take the role of UK chief executive alongside his responsibilities as vice president international.
Chippendale left CBS Outdoor in June last year alongside former managing director Mike Moran. Prior to joining CBS Outdoor in July 2010 Chippendale was an advisor and shareholder in Grapeshot, a digital advertising technology company.
At News Group Newspapers, publisher of The Sun and The News of the World, between August 2006 and September 2008 Chippendale was responsible for display and classified ad revenue across newspaper, online and mobile.
Prior to News Group, Chippendale was vice-president of media sales for Yahoo Europe and before that he was director of sales at BSkyB for 12 years until September 2004 where he was responsible for spot ad sales, sponsorship, text, online and interactive advertising.
Wilson said: "As the UK continues to grow and our international expansion develops, it became clear we needed additional leadership to continue to drive our business forward.
"Mark provides this leadership as someone who has a fantastic senior track record across TV, digital, press and outdoor. Everyone at Active UK is looking forward to Mark bringing his enthusiasm for the media industry at large and talent to our business as we continue to grow."
Chippendale will join Active International at the end of February. He said: "Corporate barter is now an important part of the media economy and Active International has been at the heart of its success.
"I am delighted to be working with Dean and his team to continue to unlock value for clients, agencies and media owners."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...