Mark Chippendale appointed Active International MD
Mark Chippendale, the former commercial director of CBS Outdoor, has been appointed as the UK managing director of barter company Active International, as managing director Dean Wilson steps up to chief executive.
Mark Chippendale: joins Active International
In his new role Chippendale will have responsibility for the development and management of the UK business. Dean Wilson will take the role of UK chief executive alongside his responsibilities as vice president international.
Chippendale left CBS Outdoor in June last year alongside former managing director Mike Moran. Prior to joining CBS Outdoor in July 2010 Chippendale was an advisor and shareholder in Grapeshot, a digital advertising technology company.
At News Group Newspapers, publisher of The Sun and The News of the World, between August 2006 and September 2008 Chippendale was responsible for display and classified ad revenue across newspaper, online and mobile.
Prior to News Group, Chippendale was vice-president of media sales for Yahoo Europe and before that he was director of sales at BSkyB for 12 years until September 2004 where he was responsible for spot ad sales, sponsorship, text, online and interactive advertising.
Wilson said: "As the UK continues to grow and our international expansion develops, it became clear we needed additional leadership to continue to drive our business forward.
"Mark provides this leadership as someone who has a fantastic senior track record across TV, digital, press and outdoor. Everyone at Active UK is looking forward to Mark bringing his enthusiasm for the media industry at large and talent to our business as we continue to grow."
Chippendale will join Active International at the end of February. He said: "Corporate barter is now an important part of the media economy and Active International has been at the heart of its success.
"I am delighted to be working with Dean and his team to continue to unlock value for clients, agencies and media owners."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London