Chip shop spoofs Beckham Bodywear ad
Soho-based chippy Golden Union is promoting National Chip Week with a spoof of the H&M advert starring David Beckham in his underpants.
National Chip Week: parodies David Beckham ad
The comedy video appears to show Beckham in his briefs eating chips and ends with the strapline "forget London Fashion Week, it's National Chip Week’.
The creative plays on the fact that this week (20-26 February) is both London Fashion Week and National Chip Week.
The ad might not last long online as it reproduces a number of shots from the original Beckham ad, something Beckham and H&M may not take too kindly to.
Golden Union is encouraging viewers of the video to tweet #BeckhamForGU as a parody of the #BeckhamForHM hashtag used in the H&M campaign.
Separately, family-owned Albert Bartlett is jumping on the back of National Chip Week with a press campaign for its russet potatoes, which it claims are perfect for potato wedges, jackets and fries.
The company is running a print campaign in the Daily Mirror for its American-style russet potatoes, which are available at Booths, Lidl and Ocado.
Creative runs with the strapline "pick up a bag this week and you'll be able to celebrate Chip week in style – American style that is".
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...