IGN partners with Pearl & Dean for Mass Effect 3 campaign
Online gaming publisher IGN Entertainment and cinema sales house Pearl & Dean have tied up on a promotion for pre-orders for 'Mass Effect 3', the forthcoming game from Electronic Arts.
Mass Effect 3:IGN Entertainment and Pearl & Dean link up for promotion
The campaign, brokered by MediaCom, encourages cinemagoers and gamers to vote for their favourite sci-fi movies through a bespoke 'Mass Effect 3'-themed microsite.
Cinemagoers can vote in any of the 35 cinema foyers across the UK, currently equipped with Pearl & Dean's interactive touchscreen digital six-sheets.
Fans will also be able to get tickets to see the winning movie, which will be shown at six locations across the UK on Wednesday 7 March – including the Prince Charles Cinema, Leicester Square, London – thanks to Pearl & Dean.
Adam Hopkinson, commercial director, IGN Entertainment UK, said: "Gamers love the 'Mass Effect' series for its cinematic visuals and strong sci-fi storyline, and we wanted our 'Mass Effect 3' pre-order campaign to celebrate the final game in the trilogy the best way we could.
"By teaming up with Pearl & Dean and their innovative interactive screens in-cinema, we can really engage film and games fans with the 'Mass Effect' brand as they name the UK’s favourite sci-fi movie.
"In this increasingly competitive landscape, complementary media owners should routinely work in partnership to deliver additional value for clients. This will be the first of many collaborative campaigns from IGN."
Allison McBride, innovations account manager at Pearl & Dean, said: "We are delighted to be collaborating with IGN on this campaign and the timing couldn't be better, as current releases like 'Star Wars Episode 1' in 3D and 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' are drawing 18- to 34-year-old males into cinemas."
The game will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC from Friday, 9 March.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...