The Sun on Sunday sets 50p intro price
The Sun on Sunday is set to debut with a promotional cover price of 50p on Sunday, hoping to lure in readers by being half the regular cover price of its red-top rivals.
The Sun: set to get Sunday stable mate
News International is expected to make a formal announcement on its pricing strategy on Thursday, but industry sources have been informed by the publisher that the first issue's cover price will be 50p.
The regular cover price will be £1, the same as the price point of The News of the World before its closure last year.
News International has been keeping the cover price of The Sun on Sunday under close guard, as it does not want to alert its rivals to its promotional and advertising support for the title ahead of this weekend's launch.
Sources expect the paper to run with the promotional 50p cover price for a number of weeks. In comparison, The Mail on Sunday is priced at £1.50, while The People, The Sunday Mirror, Daily Star Sunday are all priced at £1.
The People and The Sunday Mirror are expected to cut their cover prices this weekend but sources have told Media Week that the Mail on Sunday will not.
News International would not confirm its cover price plans for The Sun on Sunday.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...