Maplin returns to TV for customer services push
Maplin, the electronic goods retailer, is returning to television advertising for the first time in seven years to push its customer service credentials.
Maplin: returns to TV advertising
The decision comes after rival Dixons Retail, owner of PC World and Currys, attempted to change perceptions of its own customer services with the launch of a multi-million campaign in November.
Maplin Electronics will use the campaign to portray its staff's "friendly and unrivalled knowledge of all things technological".
Creative will feature a couple who like the Maplin staff so much they want to take them home in a parody of the set-in-store style of many retail adverts.
The retailer appointed Biscuit to create the campaign after a five way pitch in November.
Television activity will launch on 25 February and will promote the current best offers available in stores.
Creative will also feature an adaptation of the brand's logo, which showcases the store's product range by spelling out the Maplin name with animated images of products including headphones, voice recorders and cameras.
The brand has 195 stores and allows customers to reserve products either in-store or online.
Follow Matthew Chapman @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London