Maplin returns to TV for customer services push
Maplin, the electronic goods retailer, is returning to television advertising for the first time in seven years to push its customer service credentials.
Maplin: returns to TV advertising
The decision comes after rival Dixons Retail, owner of PC World and Currys, attempted to change perceptions of its own customer services with the launch of a multi-million campaign in November.
Maplin Electronics will use the campaign to portray its staff's "friendly and unrivalled knowledge of all things technological".
Creative will feature a couple who like the Maplin staff so much they want to take them home in a parody of the set-in-store style of many retail adverts.
The retailer appointed Biscuit to create the campaign after a five way pitch in November.
Television activity will launch on 25 February and will promote the current best offers available in stores.
Creative will also feature an adaptation of the brand's logo, which showcases the store's product range by spelling out the Maplin name with animated images of products including headphones, voice recorders and cameras.
The brand has 195 stores and allows customers to reserve products either in-store or online.
Follow Matthew Chapman @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client-side PPC / SEM executive - £25K - Central London Digital Gurus £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London