Virgin Media to interrupt Yeo Valley ad during Brit breaks
Virgin Media is to stage a "takeover" of spots by Yeo Valley during tonight's (21 February) Brit Awards coverage on ITV1.
Virgin Media...interrupting other ads
The media company will first interrupt Yeo Valley’s TV ad with an image of an online buffering wheel, familiar to computer users.
Yeo Valley’s ad resumes and freezes again before asking viwers why they put up with buffering online when they wouldn’t with TV. A Citroen ad will be given similar treatment during other programming.
Fifty6, the joint venture between Manning Gottlieb OMD and Goodstuff that launched last year to service the Virgin Media business, has planned and delivered the media activity.
Andrew Stephens, the joint managing director of Fifty6, said: "We’ve worked across brands and agencies to make this happen and are delighted to have unveiled the campaign during the Brit Awards, one of the year’s TV highlights."
Jeff Dodds, the executive director of brand and marketing communications at Virgin Media, said: "The unexpected interruption to primetime brings home the message that viewers shouldn’t settle for buffering on TV or online."
The Brit Awards airs on ITV1 at 8pm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...