NI ramps up support for Sun on Sunday as details drip out
Rupert Murdoch's News International is ramping up support for The Sun on Sunday with advertising across London's outdoor sites, while more details of the new tabloid have been disclosed in today's issue of The Sun.
The Sun: rolls out Sunday paper press ads
One of the paper's sport commentators will be retired Manchester United star Roy Keane, who "will be a perfect fit for our punchy pages".
Other top names appearing in the paper this Sunday will also include The Sun's Bizarre pages, Dear Deadrie, and the Goals supplement.
The paper has also taken out a full-page ad in today’s issue highlighting The Sun on Sunday's home delivery service. News International already offers the service for the weekday and Saturday issues.
The outdoor campaign to support the launch of The Sun on Sunday is running until midnight on Saturday across CBS's digital network, which includes 50 LCD screens and 18 escalators runs in London.
The outdoor ads highlight the countdown to the title's highly-anticipated launch, including the tagline "In Britain The Sun comes out everyday."
The outdoors ads are running in tandem to a TV spot, which broke last night during ITV's live coverage of 'The Brits'.
The title is launching this Sunday with a promotional cover price of 50p, in an effort to snatch back some of the lost 2.66 million News of the World buyers.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...