More than half of UK businesses plot marketing budget increase
More than half of UK companies are planning to increase investment in marketing in 2012, according to MindMetre Research, a sign that confidence is recovering among the business community.
Budget increases: companies are increasing spend
According to the annual survey by MindMetre Research, a net proportion of 38.5% of firms interviewed are predicting a marketing budget increase over the coming 12 months.
This compares with a more negative outlook in last year's survey, which showed no net increase in companies raising spend.
Of the 2,000 businesses taking part in the poll, 57.1% plan to boost their marketing budget over 2012, while only 18.6% intend to cut it.
A net proportion of 46% of the UK's largest firms (over 1,000 employees) intend to increase marketing spend over the coming year, compared to 36% of SMEs (under 250 employees).
Businesses in the South East of England displayed the highest levels of confidence, while firms in the North East provided the gloomiest outlook for 2012, claimed the survey.
Paul Lindsell, MindMetre's Managing Director, said: "These results augur well for 2012, which, if marketing budget trends are taken as a forward indicator of overall business sentiment, may herald the beginnings of a true upturn for Britain Ltd."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...