Morrisons ups fuel ante with 15p-off offer
Morrisons has launched a national campaign today to promote its latest offer to customers of 15p off every litre of fuel if they spend £60 or more in-store.
Morrisons: 2011 Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff campaign
The press campaign, created by DLKW Lowe, is also promoting its Morrisons Miles Card, which offers 10 'Morrisons Miles' for every litre of petrol bought.
Customers who collect 5,000 points can redeem them for a £5 Morrisons shopping voucher.
The deal will run from today (23 February) until Sunday 11 March, and is being pushed under 'The great fuel Britannia' strapline".
Morrisons' latest fuel war is even more aggressive than the one it launched last year, which offered 6p off a litre when customers spent £40 in store.
The supermarket launched that deal last April in order to trump its rivals, after Sainsbury's began offering 5p off for those who spent £50 or more in-store and the Co-op offered a 5p discount to shoppers who spent £30.
Last year's 'Fuel Britannia' campaign was launched to play on the national pride generated by the Royal Wedding.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...