Droga assesses talent pool before setting up in London
Droga5 is considering launching an agency in London but any move will be dependent on securing the right talent to run the business, according to its founder and creative chairman, David Droga.
Droga: London high on list of target cities for expansion
The New York-based shop, which has secured a tranche of funding from investors led by Henry Silverman, has not yet fixed on which markets it will expand into, although London is high on its list of target cities.
Droga said that any expansion moves hinge on identifying strong management teams and developing a distinctive offering.
"London is the epicentre of global creativity, and we don't want to be just another good agency there," he said.
"We want to make sure we have more reason to open in London than just to put a pin on a map."
He stressed that any expansion plans are in the very early stages. "It will not be a linear expansion, but will be determined by what makes our offering more robust," he added.
Droga5, which also has an office in Sydney, has received funding from investors of between $6 million and $7 million, according to reports.
The former Publicis worldwide chief creative officer launched Droga5 in 2006. Its clients include Prudential, Puma, Kraft Foods, Hennessy, Amstel Light and Microsoft.
US-based agencies to launch in London in recent years include Crispin Porter & Bogusky and Creature.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...