Droga assesses talent pool before setting up in London
Droga5 is considering launching an agency in London but any move will be dependent on securing the right talent to run the business, according to its founder and creative chairman, David Droga.
Droga: London high on list of target cities for expansion
The New York-based shop, which has secured a tranche of funding from investors led by Henry Silverman, has not yet fixed on which markets it will expand into, although London is high on its list of target cities.
Droga said that any expansion moves hinge on identifying strong management teams and developing a distinctive offering.
"London is the epicentre of global creativity, and we don't want to be just another good agency there," he said.
"We want to make sure we have more reason to open in London than just to put a pin on a map."
He stressed that any expansion plans are in the very early stages. "It will not be a linear expansion, but will be determined by what makes our offering more robust," he added.
Droga5, which also has an office in Sydney, has received funding from investors of between $6 million and $7 million, according to reports.
The former Publicis worldwide chief creative officer launched Droga5 in 2006. Its clients include Prudential, Puma, Kraft Foods, Hennessy, Amstel Light and Microsoft.
US-based agencies to launch in London in recent years include Crispin Porter & Bogusky and Creature.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Marketing Director Drayton Partners Ltd £Competitive plus strong package, Southall, West of London
- Commercial Product Marketing Manager - Gaming Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + Bonus and company benefits, London
- Studio and Resource Manager £30-40 Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £40000 per annum, London